Everyone is welcome to join our Sunday club runs, please see our rules and etiquette guide for further details. We offer friendly group riding through the Sussex countryside every week of the year. You'll find men, women, boys and girls riding with an age range of over 50 years. You don't need an amazing bike, you don't need to be an elite athlete and you don't need to be a member straight away so come along and give it a try.
Sunday Club run, all year round, meet at 8:50 for a 9.00 am start outside Shoreham Airport, Cecil Pashley Way, Shoreham, BN43 5FF
The Club Run
The club run is a great cycling tradition and Brighton Excelsior have been running them for 90 years. Unlike some other clubs, we won't leave you behind. Our Sunday rides are a chance to rack up some miles, get some inspiration, learn new skills from other riders and to generally put the world to rights. It's not a race.
We run three grades of ride:
Blue - Easy Pace, <15 mph Weekly, 30-40miles, suitable for inexperienced group riders. Learn more...
Red - Medium Pace, 15-16.5mph Average Weekly, 40-50 miles for intermediate riders and good leisure riders. Learn more...
Black - A faster weekly run is a winter training ride that now continues all year round - prompt 8:30 start. Learn more...
Watch a couple of club rides on our video.
What to Bring
The main thing to bring is enthusiasm but to make your first ride the best possible for you and everyone else please make sure to bring:
- A road bike that's in good working order - that includes your tyres, you would need to be a very good rider to keep up on a hybrid bike let alone a mountain bike;
- A spare inner tube, pump/CO2 cylinder and tyre levers;
- 1 or 2 water bottles with water, electrolyte or energy drinks;
- Suitable cycling clothes - bib shorts or bib tights are a much better bet than cycling shorts;
- A cycling helmet and glasses;
- Extra food if you think you'll need it;
- Gloves and waterproofs as necessary;
- Please wear clip in pedals/shoes; wearing trainers is far less efficient and may also hurt your knees.
If you cycle to meet us please make sure you are easily visible to road users.