COVID-19 UPDATE: ALL CYCLING ACTIVITIES ARE CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
VC Jubilee is the youth development section of Brighton Excelsior Cycling Club. It is recognised by British Cycling as one of the top youth development clubs in the country.
Formed in 1998, VCJ had 50 members in our first year making us the largest club of this type in the south of England. As well as being an official Go Ride club by British Cycling we were also the first cycling club to achieve the Club Mark accreditation that confirms our status as one of the best-run youth cycling clubs.
Our core activity is on Saturday mornings when a skills session is followed by a coach led ride. We also run and take part in:
- Mountain biking and cross country
- Track cycling on outdoor tracks and velodrome
- Road cycling on closed circuits
- Cyclocross training and races
The club also hosts a number of high profile events each year, these include:
- Brighton Little Dog mountain bike races
- South East Road Circuit Youth Championships
- Round 1 of the London/Sussex Cyclocross League
- Worthing Street Velodrome
In 2015, Amy Smith, still only 17, became National Women's Madison Champion, Peter Mitchell, a 2007 World junior sprint champion and multiple UCI Para-Cycling World Champion, began his riding with VC Jubilee.
Amy Smith: National Madison Champion 2015