Last Saturday I rode a 300 km Audax, and the long events give you plenty of time for chatting. I finished in the company of Tony Green, an old friend who is a prominent member of Bricycles, the local cycle campaigning group...
I’ve been a member for a long time; for although we Brighton Excelsior members may focus on competitive and rural road riding, it’s important that we support other bodies trying to raise the visibility, status and safety of general cycling, wherever and however it is carried out. As a member of Bricycles you receive a considerable quarterly newsletter and you are supporting the people working to get better local cycling facilities for you.
Here are some of the headlines from the latest newsletter #104. I’ll forward it to you on request.
- £1m for shared ‘Brighton Bikes’ scheme – like London , Paris etc.
- Cycle Hub opened at Brighton Station
- Bartleby’s Brewery Bikes
- Brighton Sports Café.
- Lewes to Ringmer cycle path now fully open
- Newly built section of the Downslink south of Partridge Green
- Brighton Naked Bike Ride, this year it’s on Sunday 14 June
- Eastbourne Cycle Festi val Saturday & Sunday 13 & 14 June
- Save Preston Park Cycle Track Public meeting Monday 25 May at 7.30pm at the Knoyle Hall, Knoyle Road, Brighton BN1 6RB
- Cycle Lewes event Tweed and retro bike ride 2pm, Sat 30 May
Past Newsletters are here.